Superfood Rocky Road
By Gabby Palmer
It's a Christmas miracle! A nutritious, superfood-filled, take on a kiwi classic — Rocky Road!
The holiday season and Christmas is a time where we love to enjoy good food and company with family and friends. It’s often the time when we indulge, or more often than not overindulge, in chocolates, sweets and a few cold brews.
December doesn’t and shouldn’t have to be a complete write-off or an excuse to over-indulge. Moderation will always win.
This recipe is perfect as we near Christmas for office treats or to take to BBQ’s, Christmas work functions and parties. You can even cut up into small squares and place inside a jar for cute little Christmas gifts too.
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- ½ cup each of pistachios, almonds and coconut
- ¾ cup puffed rice
- freeze dried raspberries
- Line a small loaf or slice tin with baking paper
- Toast the nuts and coconut over medium to low heat until aromatic and slightly
- Gently melt dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of
simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl
- Add the goji berries, toasted nuts/coconut and puffed rice to the melted chocolate
and mix to combine
- Pour mixture into lined tin and press firmly into the tin
- Place in fridge to set for a couple hours before using a knife to cut into pieces.