Smoked chicken salad with ginger dressing
By Rosa Anderson - Jones
Smoked Chicken Salad with Ginger dressing
This is such a pretty salad! It is fresh, healthy and very easy to make. This salad also travels well, so is great to take to picnics or to potluck dinners as the salad marinates in its dressing in time.
- 1 Smoked chicken, 1-1.5kg meat. Meat removed and broken into bite sized pieces
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- freshly ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon or brown sugar, or honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
Place chicken, shallots, red pepper, chilli, coriander and mint in a serving bowl. Season with black pepper.
To make dressing, place oil, vinegar, orange juice, mustard, sugar (or honey) and ginger in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate.